Monday, June 30, 2008

Savannah's first century


Savannah is tough.
Last Saturday the day finally arrived for Savannah's big ride, she was so excited that she woke up before dad and was chomping at the bit to get out the door.
First thing dad had to do though was to take her shorts and lather them up with shammy cream, I think she was a little taken back when she pulled them on.
So we got out the door and drove to Canyon bicycles to start the ride, after meeting up with all of our buddies and having a great Jamba Juice we started the ride.
Savannah had fun racing everyone there, especially Cameron, every time he would come around the side of us I would feel a little surge coming from Savannah.  
When we would start getting dropped on a hill Savannah would yell, faster dad faster, they are getting away from us. 
Although we got dropped several times over, we were very  fortunate to have good friends who would wait up for us and pull us back to the group. In fact by the end of the ride I was so shot that Cameron was literally pushing me up the hills.
Savannah ended up holding out far better than dad, she was always encouraging dad to go faster and catch the guys in front. Dad cramped up so bad at the end of the ride that Savannah had to push me along until my legs came back.
Savannah is the most determined kid I know, she has a unconquerable spirit. It is great to be her dad, and to see her develop into the leader she was meant to be.

5 comments:

Bri!!! said...

That is so awesome Savannah did a century!!! How old is she? I can't wait till that is our kids. You both have done something really right to have a stud for a daughter. That determination will get her very far in life. She is a special little girl. GIRLS RULE!!! GO SAVANNAH!!!

Jason said...

What can I say, Jess and I make great kids.
Savannah is 8, next year she wants to be on the team and start racing. She and Shiloh are both amazing people.
I am a lucky dad.

Michael J said...

Savahnah,

I'm so proud of you. It is apparent that your mental strength will take you far in life to achieve awesome things, keep it up.

-Uncle Mike

Marianna said...

I am training (sort of) for my first tri and I think you guys are CRAZY!!! :) I make it about 30 minutes and then every thing starts aching!

Great job Savannah! Way to keep your pop in line! :)

Bri!!! said...

K Jason. It's time to jump back on the blogging wagon my friend. I miss your posts. You will be happy if you do because it's the easiest way to keep a journal EVER! START BLOGGING!